Unpaid Internship/Part Time Role
Working with The Young Executives Foundation, Inc is truly a rewarding experience. From the opportunities that we create, to the ones we are invited to, you never know where the endless opportunities can land you. Our mission is, “Striving to encourage and mold our underprivileged communities by providing endless opportunities”.We are offering three different internship opportunities this Spring semester, and this is one of the roles. Having an internship with us will be a great way to experience the world of nonprofits first hand.
This position is for those interested in event planning who are currently enrolled in an accredited college or university. We are looking for dedicated people who can articulate fresh new ideas to be implemented in the organization for creating
valuable events for the community. This is a 5 month remote internship. For the right intern, this will turn into a role with the organization. The person will be responsible for a variety of aspects of an event, from choosing venues and presenting to the team of coordinators before finalizing to evaluating success afterwards. We currently have four annual events that we host. These events include; Build an Executive, Back to school drive, Executives Gala, and The holiday soiree.
- Student must be actively enrolled in an accredited college or university in
the fields of communication, nonprofit management, business, marketing
or related fields.
- Access to a computer
- High level of integrity, diplomacy and initiative
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must have knowledge of The Young Executives foundation Inc.
background, mission and goals.
- Able to work independently with little or no supervision
- Strong organizational skill set
- Able to work under pressure and remain calm
Essential Job Duties: (Include but not limited to)
- Plan events with attention to financial and time constraints.
- Book venues and schedule speakers.
- Research vendors (catering, decorators, musicians etc.) and create a
pitch including the best combination between quality and cost.
- Negotiate with vendors to achieve the most favorable terms.
- Coordinate all event operations (preparing venue, invitations etc.)
- Do final checks at the day of the event (e.g. tables, technology) to ensure
everything meets standards.
- Oversee event happenings and act quickly to resolve problems.
- Evaluate event success with the team and submit event reports.
- Strong team player and a self-starter
- Ability to multitask and prioritize workload
- Ability to engage a crowd and naturally outgoing personality
- Download GroupMe app on a smartphone for communication (do not mute
- Post TYE related media, flyers and announcements on your personal
social media account when needed.
- Available to video chat bi-weekly with results of assignments.(if needed)
- Represent TYE in a respectful and mindful manner when creating social media posts and captions, wearing paraphernalia and attending/participating in events.