Unpaid Internship/Part Time Role
The Young Executives Foundation is looking for talented, aggressive, outgoing and innovative interns to assist in the preparation for this year’s events. Working with our organization is truly a rewarding experience. From the opportunities that we create, to the ones we are invited to, you never know where the endless opportunities can land you. Our mission is, “Striving to encourage and mold our underprivileged communities by providing endless opportunities”.We are offering three different internship opportunities this Spring semester, and this is one of the roles. Having an internship with us will be a great way to experience the world of nonprofits first hand.
This position is for those interested in fundraising and corporate sponsorships who are currently enrolled in an accredited college or university. We are looking for dedicated people who can articulate fresh new ideas to be implemented in the
organization to build our budgets. This is a 5 month remote internship. For the right intern, this will turn into a role with the organization. The person will be
responsible for every aspect of an event, from choosing venues and presenting to the team of coordinators before finalizing to evaluating success afterwards. We currently have four annual events that we host. These events include; Build an Executive, Back to school drive, Executives Gala, and The holiday soiree.
Measurable outcomes of this position are an increase in the organization’s
treasury. As well as how many sponsors we are able to get for our events and
- Student must be actively enrolled in an accredited college or university in
the fields of communication, nonprofit management, business, marketing
or related field.
- Access to a computer.
- Past experience in sales or marketing is a plus.
- High level of integrity, diplomacy and initiative
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must have knowledge of The Young Executives foundation Inc.
background, mission and goals.
- Excellent ability to communicate in person, print, and electronically to
- Strong organizational skill set
- Must have strong writing skills and knowledge of Microsoft Word and
Essential Job Duties: (Include but not limited to)
- Research and compile potential funding and grant proposal opportunities
- Research and compile potential grant funding prospects with foundations, corporations and government agencies;
- Coordinate the development of small sponsorship and grant funding proposals and presentations
- Assist the Executive Director with the coordination and presentation of large sponsorship proposals and presentations;
- Solicit small and medium sized level sponsor targets;
- Assist with the coordination and implementation of fundraising events;
- Assist with Pre-Event Marketing of future summer events with emphasis on breaking into new markets and building new relationships
- Complete all other duties as assigned
- Strategizing with team on fundraising and development plan
- Following up with partners via email and/or phone
- Strong team player and a self-starter.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize workload.
- Ability to engage a crowd and naturally outgoing personality.
- Download GroupMe app on a smartphone for communication (do not mute chat)
- Post TYE related media, flyers and announcements weekly on your personal social media account when needed.
- Available to video chat bi-weekly with results of assignments. (if needed)
- Represent TYE in a respectful and mindful manner when creating social
media posts and captions, wearing paraphernalia and attending/participating in events.