Unpaid Internship/Part Time Role
Working with The Young Executives Foundation, Inc is truly a rewarding experience. From the opportunities that we create, to the ones we are invited to, you never know where the endless opportunities can land you. Our mission is, “Striving to encourage and mold our underprivileged communities by providing endless opportunities”. We are offering three different internship opportunities this Spring semester, and this is one of the roles. Having an internship with us will be a great way to experience the world of nonprofits first hand.
This position is for those interested in social media and/or marketing who are currently enrolled in an accredited college or university. We are looking for dedicated people who can articulate fresh new ideas to be implemented in the organization media plan. This is a 5 month remote internship. For the right intern, this will turn into a role with the organization. The person will be responsible for every aspect of our social media platforms. Our social media presence is pertinent to the steady growth of the nonprofit. We currently have three platforms, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
With our social media profiles we post at least three times on the page per week. The Facebook account is linked in with Instagram, so every time a post is made on IG it’s made on Facebook. Measurable outcomes of this position are an increase in media impressions, an increase in social media followers, published work in local media and more.
- Students must be actively enrolled in an accredited college or university in the fields of communication, nonprofit management, business, marketing or related field.
- Access to a computer
- High level of integrity, diplomacy and initiative
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must have knowledge of The Young Executives foundation Inc. background, mission and goals.
- Excellent ability to communicate in person, print, and electronically to variable audiences
- Strong organizational skill set
- Social Media experience managing highly engaged brands on Facebook,
Twitter, Instagram, or LinkedIn.
Essential Job Duties: (Include but not limited to)
- Handle all social media accounts; Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn Create engaging text, image and video content
- Assist in strategic planning for all marketing efforts including, but not limited to: Build An Executive, Executives Gala and numerous community projects and educational programs
- Market Research
- Business & Media Outreach
- Strong team player and a self-starter
- Ability to multitask and prioritize workload
- Ability to engage a crowd and naturally outgoing personality
- Download GroupMe app on a smartphone for communication (do not mute chat)
- Post TYE related media, flyers and announcements weekly on your
personal social media account when needed.
- Available to video chat bi-weekly with results of assignments. (if needed)
- Represent TYE in a respectful and mindful manner when creating social
media posts and captions, wearing paraphernalia and
attending/participating in events.